Elasmobranchs Taxon Advisory Group
The Elasmobranch TAG is chaired by Max Janse (Royal Burgers’ Zoo). The goal of the TAG is to create a new platform for collaborative work between institutions that keep elasmobranchs by improving communication, species population management and advance husbandry and skill for rays and shark management in European zoos and aquariums. The management (breeding) programmes are based on individual animals identified and are set in a more traditional European Studbook (ESB) approach.
ESB managed under this TAG are:
1. Carcharhinus melanopterus (Blacktip reef shark)
2. Carcharhinus plumbeus (Sandbar shark)
3. Etobatus ocellatus (Spotted eagle ray)
4. Heterodontus francisci (Horned shark)
5. Pristis zijsron and Pristis microdon (Sawfish)
6. Neotrygon kuhlii (Blue spotted maskray)
7. Stegostoma fasciatum (Zebra shark)
8. Taeniura lymma (Blue spotted stingray)
Studbook reports are available here.
There are many more monitoring programmes which have reports available here.